Jane D. Goldstein is co-head of the firm’s mergers & acquisitions group for North America and co-managing partner of the Boston office, maintaining offices in both New York and Boston. Jane is also co-head of the technology, media & telecommunications practice group and head of the retail & consumer brands industry group.
Jane advises a wide range of public and private companies and their boards of directors with respect to corporate governance, securities regulation and general legal matters, and frequently represents investment banking firms serving in financial advisory roles. She also has extensive experience counseling U.S. companies in the retail and consumer products industry.
Representative clients include adidas AG, Michaels Stores, Oscar de la Renta Ltd., Castanea Partners, General Catalyst, Charlesbank Capital, and Joseph Altuzarra.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 1989; Editor-in-Chief, Annual Review of Banking Law
- BA (French Language and Literature), magna cum laude, Boston University, 1982
- Massachusetts, 1989
- New York, 2012
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- New York City Bar Association Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Control Contests
- Trustee of Green Mountain Valley School, Waitsfield, Vermont (Chair of the Board of Trustees from 2013-2018)
- Trustee of Women’s Bar Foundation
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of DAVIDsTEA in its proxy contest with 46% holder Herschel Segal, which resulted in the election of a new seven director slate.
- Represented Multi Packaging Solutions Limited, a leading global provider of print-based specialty packaging solutions, in its $2.28 billion sale to WestRock Company
- Represented Maple Leaf Foods, Inc. in its $140 million acquisition of Lightlife Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and brand of refrigerated plant-based protein foods in the U.S.
- Represented adidas AG in its sale of Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. Inc., a sports clothing company specializing in nostalgia headwear and apparel
- Represented Webster Capital in its partnership with Margaritaville to acquire a stake in Lifestyle Brands, LLC, the apparel and consumer products division of Margaritaville
- Represented DAVIDsTEA, a provider of a selection of loose-leaf teas, pre-packaged teas, tea sachets, and tea-related gifts and accessories, in its IPO
- Represented Joseph Altuzarra, a designer of women’s luxury goods, in its sale of a minority interest to Kering SA
- Represented Best Doctors, the world’s leading expert medical consultation company focused on improving health outcomes for the most complex, critical and costly medical issues, in its $440 million sale to Teladoc, Inc.
- Represented a coalition of investors, including General Catalyst Venture Partners, in a $20 million investment in Black Duck Software, a Burlington, Massachusetts-based open source software firm.
Rate : $$$