With European and global banking roots, Jane Hinton possesses keen insight into the complexities of real estate deals and the critical issues for their stakeholders. Bringing a broad range of experience to commercial real estate and finance transactions, she represents investors, financial institutions, investment funds, and other clients in single-asset and portfolio transactions.
Jane’s work encompasses all aspects of real estate transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing and portfolio property management, with a particular focus on structuring debt and equity transactions. She is experienced in all types of asset classes, including office, construction, retail, mixed-use, hotels and resorts, multifamily and industrial.
Jane advises both lenders and borrowers in complex mortgage financings as well as in mezzanine and preferred equity transactions. She is well versed in construction financings, leasehold mortgage financings, syndications, co-lending and loan participations, and has counseled clients on loan workouts and restructurings.
Additionally, she represents clients in the origination of mortgage loans for the issuance of commercial mortgage backed securities and has experience in other capital markets transactions.
Her perspective in these areas is enhanced by her prior role as a director in the transaction management team of the European commercial real estate group at Deutsche Bank AG, London.
- Represented a privately held commercial real estate company in the joint venture purchase and related debt financing of a 24-property industrial, office, and retail portfolio located in 12 states for $224 million from a real estate development and management company.
- Represented the development sponsor in leading the negotiation of an approximately $50 million joint venture, acquisition, and related construction mortgage financing for approximately 107 gross acres of undeveloped land located in Stockton, California intended for the construction of three state-of-the-art logistics buildings.
- Represented the lead B lender on its complex structuring of the co-lending, and the sub-co-lending arrangement between a syndicate of B lenders, for the funding of a $115 million construction A/B mortgage loan for a resort and residential condominium project in Florida.
- Represented the investor on a $2.5 million participation and subscription investment into the investment vehicle for the $31 million acquisition and future development of the La Paz Ranch into retail and office development project in Malibu, California.
- Represented an affiliate of a national multifamily real estate company in leading the negotiation and closing of a $35 million construction to term loan for the ground up construction of a 206-unit multifamily project located in Portland, Oregon.
- Represented a joint venture capital investment partner on its approximately $15 million joint venture capital investment for the acquisition of two properties located in California as well as closing on over $75 million joint venture and subsequent capital investments into industrial properties across the Midwest.
- Represented a joint venture capital investment partner for the provision of $12.5 million of joint venture investment capital for the acquisition together with a $40.5 million Freddie Mac loan financing originated through Capital One Bank for the acquisition of a multifamily apartment complex located in Greenbelt, Maryland.
- Represented a US subsidiary of an international, family-owned business group on its senior mortgage acquisition financing of an office complex in Houston, Texas.
- Represented a real estate investor and its subsidiaries on their acquisitions of multiple office and industrial properties throughout the Eastern Region.
- Represented a senior mortgage lender on its refinance of an office complex in Northern California.
- Represented various hotel owners and operators with respect to complex secured financings secured by hotels across the United States.
- Represented a multifamily investment firm’s affiliated joint venture on its $483 million acquisition of 14 apartment complexes located in Southern California.
- Represented an international real estate investment firm on its acquisition and agency financing of a multifamily apartment complex located in Washington state.
- Represented the managing member on its joint venture with a capital partner for the acquisition of the mezzanine slice of the capital structure of financing for the refinancing of a resort hotel complex in The Bahamas.
- Represented a preferred equity investor on its $80 million equity investment in a multifamily apartment ground-up construction financing in Los Angeles.
- Represented a senior mortgage lender on its $75 million acquisition financing of the ground lease of a commercial office and retail complex located in California.
- Represented a joint venture on its $850 million acquisition of 73 buildings across Silicon Valley from a public REIT.
- Represented a commercial bank as senior lender on its CMBS financings of office buildings located in Texas and Illinois.
- Represented a financial institution on its $130 million mortgage and mezzanine acquisition financing of a residential, retail and parking condominium building located in Chicago.
- Represented a large European bank on its $130 million refinancing (and related syndication) of a large multifamily apartment complex in Denver, which was also being financed by mezzanine debt.
- Represented a real estate fund on its $80 million acquisition and financing of two historic office buildings in San Francisco.
- Represented the senior lender on its CMBS financings of both an office building in California and a multifamily complex in Maryland.
- Represented the borrower on its acquisition financing of five office and R&D properties located in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a hotel owner in its rebranding of eight hotels across the US.
- Represented a US REIT on its $92.5 million acquisition of an office and retail property located in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- Represented a balance sheet senior lender on its $83 million financing of a large office and residential condominium building in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented the lender on the restructuring of a defaulted construction loan secured by a newly built condominium villas in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Represented a financial institution on a $181 million mortgage and mezzanine acquisition financing of a residential, retail and parking condominium building located in Manhattan, New York, which was also financed by an injection of preferred equity.
- Represented a consortium of lenders on the acquisition of a European hotel chain via a debt for equity conversion.
- LPC, University of Sheffield, 1998
- BA, Sheffield Hallam University, with honors, 1996
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Member and Chair of the Finance Subsection of the Real Property Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Finance Council
Rate : $$$