Jane Hopwood’s practice focuses on securities law compliance, corporate governance, securities offerings and domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, with an emphasis on Latin America.
As a native of Argentina, Jane brings valuable insights to counseling clients on transactions in Latin America. She has advised public and private companies doing business in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Panama and Mexico.
- Advises clients on corporate governance and compliance under US securities laws and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represents public and private buyers and sellers in domestic and international merger and acquisition transactions, including joint ventures, spin-offs, strategic sales of assets and lease portfolio management.
- Represents borrowers in syndicated loan transactions, including committed acquisition credit facilities, revolving credit facilities and secured term facilities.
- Pro bono activities include the representation of refugees seeking asylum in the United States and the representation of pro bono clients on immigration law issues, including Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and U visa petitions.
- LLM, Harvard Law School, 2006
- Abogada, University of Buenos Aires, 2002
- New York
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$