Jane Michaels helps her clients protect and defend their intellectual property and business enterprises in courtrooms and arbitration proceedings around the country. With decades of experience as a trial lawyer, she provides reliable counsel to companies of all sizes, from small start-ups to large corporations.
Jane has successfully handled dozens of trademark, trade secrets, patent, and copyright cases, obtaining injunctive relief and damages to enforce the valuable intellectual property rights of her clients and defending infringement claims brought against her clients.
She has won numerous complex jury trials and bench trials in business disputes, in both IP and commercial litigation. She advises clients across multiple industries, including telecommunications, computers/electronics, internet and e-commerce, biotech, financial, publishing, manufacturing, medical, food & beverage, entertainment, sports, real estate, and oil and gas.
Jane is Chair of Holland & Hart’s Trial Practice. She is also a certified arbitrator and mediator and has handled dozens of alternative dispute resolution proceedings in intellectual property and commercial cases.
- Boston University, J.D. cum laude; Law Review
- Harvard University, M.A.T
- Wellesley College, B.A.
Bar Admissions : Colorado
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- USDC Eastern District of Texas
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- College of Commercial Arbitrators, Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Arbitration Association, Certified Mediator and Arbitrator
- American Arbitration Association, Complex Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Panel Member
Rate : $$$