Janelle N. Christian’s experience with commercial real estate finance and development is the foundation of her practice. She has an extensive background representing institutional lenders, investors and developers in the origination and restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine loans for the acquisition, construction and refinancing of hotels, shopping centers, office buildings, multi-family housing complexes, raw land and mixed-used projects located throughout the United States.
Diligent and hardworking, Janelle’s strengths as a comprehensive counsel further include commercial acquisitions, dispositions and leasing, particularly in the context of multi-campus health care systems, which represent a significant focus and portion of her practice.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $985,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine construction loan for a multi-building, mixed-use development in Los Angeles.
- Represented a private equity fund as lender in a $445,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine refinancing, condominium conversion and unit release of a residential condominium construction project in New York.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and financing of a $56,000,000 apartment renovation project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a borrower in the defeasance and disposition of a major hotel asset in New York.
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- J.D., Howard University, 2014, cum laude; Howard Law Journal, Senior Solicitations Editor
- B.B.A., University of Georgia, 2011
Admissions : New York, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$