Ranked among the nation’s leading lawyers in white collar defense and government investigations, Janet I. Levine is a trial and appellate attorney with extensive experience handling litigation involving securities, health care and tax fraud, and all manner of public corruption matters.
For more than 25 years, she has successfully represented corporations, politicians, judges, directors, officers, and executives and licensed professionals in a myriad of industries. Ms. Levine brings extensive trial, grand jury, and pretrial experience, as well as extensive pre-filing resolutions of difficult and sensitive matters, including litigating grand jury matters.
Ms. Levine is one of the few lawyers to ever try a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) case, which resulted in the dismissal of all charges against her client based on prosecutorial misconduct. As a result of her work in this landmark FCPA case, Ms. Levine received her second California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) award. She received a prior CLAY award for her representation of a defendant in an espionage case.
Several leading legal publications have recognized Ms. Levine as one of the best lawyers in white collar defense and investigations, including the National Law Journal, which named her a White Collar Trailblazer in 2015.
The prestigious Chambers USA ranks her among California’s top litigators for White Collar Crime & Government Investigations, describing Ms. Levine as a “preeminent authority on white-collar litigation defense” who “is regularly called upon to advise on high-stakes cases.” Ms. Levine is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), one of the premier legal associations in North America.
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 1980
- Summa cum laude
- Loyola Law Review, Editor
- University of California, Los Angeles, 1977
- Graduated with honors
Recognition and Affiliations:
- LA Business Journal, 2018 Most Influential Women Attorneys in Los Angeles
- California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award, 2006 and 2012
- ABA Criminal Justice Section, Charles R. English Award, 2009
- The National Law Journal, Litigation Trailblazers and Pioneers, 2014
- The National Law Journal, White Collar Law Trailblazer, 2015
- California Lawyer, Best in the West, Business crime matters
- Daily Journal, Top Women Lawyers, most years 2003 to the present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, White Collar Lawyer of the Year Award, 2012
- ABA Criminal Justice Section (CJS), Chair, 2011–2012; White Collar Crime Committee, Co-Chair, 2007–2009
Bar and Court Admissions:
- California, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
- Central, Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- California State Courts
Rate : $$$