Janie McDermott is an Associate in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Business Services and Real Estate practice areas. She provides guidance regarding the establishment and operation of charitable organizations and family foundations and assists clients through the estate planning and administration process.
She primarily focuses on planning for young families and guardianship/ trustee issues. Janie also assists utility and telecommunications companies with the preparation of leases, property acquisitions, land issues and siting issues. She regularly assists with new energy infrastructure projects.
Janie is in the community, organizing internal fundraisers and supporting local organizations. During law school Janie worked with Quinnipiac University School of Law’s Civil Justice Clinic, primarily on issues of juvenile justice reform. She also served as a Summer Fellow at Yale Law School’s Jerome N. Frank Legal Services Organization, where she worked on mortgage foreclosure litigation and landlord/tenant issues.
- James A. Trowbridge Professional Responsibility Award, 2015
- American Bar Association Section of State & Local Government Law, Award for Excellence in Land Use and State and Local Government Law, 2015
- Articles and Opinions Editor, Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Land Use Planning
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Historic Preservation
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Legal Skills
- University of Connecticut, B.A., 2005 ~ summa cum laude
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., 2015 ~ summa cum laude
Rate : $$$