Janine Anthony Bowen’s technology-focused practice is on the front lines of innovation. An industrial engineer and forward-thinking counsel, she has earned a solid reputation for her aptitude with technology and intellectual property agreements, privacy and data protection, cloud computing, mobile commerce, and licensing and acquisition — areas that benefit from her impressive background, including serving as a program manager at IBM and a senior consultant at Accenture.
Notably, she counsels clients on how to prepare for the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the potential of other potential U.S. state and federal privacy laws that require greater transparency and choice, including designing and implementing information governance and privacy compliance programs.
Her comfort with complex issues makes Janine a trusted advisor for clients negotiating technology-related deals with Fortune 500 companies, as well as those in need of intelligent analysis, cost control, strategic growth advice and thought leadership.
Janine’s clients aren’t the only ones who’ve taken notice of her strengths: In 2017, she became the first woman to receive the highest honor bestowed by Clemson University’s College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences, when she was inducted into the Thomas Green Clemson Academy of Engineers and Scientists.
- Serving as lead counsel for a $100M ERP software and cloud services acquisition.
- Serving as lead counsel for a $125M education technology and services business.
- Serving as lead counsel in the negotiation of $160 million and $50 million cloud services agreement between a provider of outsourced technology services and the provider’s client.
- Serving as lead counsel in the negotiation of multi-million dollar mobile technology solutions agreements between a mobile services provider and its clients.
- Working as lead technology counsel to spin off an engineering division into a standalone managed-services company.
- Helping a biotechnology company license patents for genetically altered animals and manage the sale of animals embodying the patents.
- Representing a diverse clientele in developing online games, contest rules, sweepstakes and nationwide contest rollouts. Clients have ranged from regional energy providers to internet.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- International Technology Law Association
- National Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia: Technology Law Section, Past Chair (2006)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee, Region 8: Consumer Privacy Ombudsman
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 1998
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Clemson University, 1991
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Clemson University, 1989
Admissions : Georgia
- Goodwill of North Georgia: Vice Chair/Chair-elect, Board of Directors (2014 to present)
- Clemson University Foundation: Board of Directors (2013 to present)
- Clemson University, College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Science: Chair, Board of Advisors (2009 to present)
- Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency: Immediate Past Chair, Board of Directors (2006 to 2013).
Rate : $$$$