Janine Brown is an M&A and corporate partner who serves as partner-in-charge of Alston & Bird’s Atlanta office. She works with companies in a variety of sectors, including technology, media, telecommunications, renewable energy and manufacturing, and has been involved in a wide variety of domestic and international transactions, including capital-raising transactions, corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions, information technology transactions, joint ventures/strategic alliances and outsourcing transactions.
Janine’s clients include public and private companies, as well as private equity funds. She is the immediate past board chair of Piedmont Healthcare, a not-for-profit health care system of seven hospitals.
She received a J.D., with high honors, from Duke University School of Law and a B.A., with distinction, from the University of Michigan. Janine serves on several boards of directors, including Spelman College, a historically black college for women, and the Georgia Justice Project.
- Duke University (J.D., 1986)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1982)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Spelman College, board of trustees
- Georgia Justice Project, board of directors
- Piedmont Healthcare Inc., board of directors, past chair
- Woodruff Arts Center, board of trustees
- Duke University School of Law, board of visitors, past member
Rate : $$$$