Janine Stanisz is a commercial litigator who concentrates her practice in advising and representing individual and corporate policyholders in insurance coverage matters, specifically those involving CGL, property and D&O policies.
Janine has represented companies in all phases of complex litigation in state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute proceedings. She has represented clients in cases involving business interruption losses caused by equipment malfunctions, property damage losses resulting from Superstorm Sandy, and defense and indemnification for construction defect claims.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Obtained ruling against Travelers Property Casualty Company of America for a client that suffered “physical loss” after an ammonia spill at its manufacturing facility.
- Reached a settlement in an insurance coverage dispute for a manufacturer of military rations that incurred losses stemming from a supplier’s food contamination and food recall.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2012
- B.S., Cornell University, 2007
ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Ellen L. Koblitz, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
Rate : $$$$