Janis K. Cheezem leases, buys, sells, and finances office buildings and mixed use, retail, residential, and industrial real estate for her clients, also providing counsel for property management issues and in workouts and restructurings of commercial real estate assets.
A noted commercial real estate attorney, Janis represents landlords, tenants, lenders, sellers, and purchasers in both complex and bread and butter transactions. She has been primarily responsible for the leasing, sale, and purchase of millions of square feet of office, retail, mixed use, and industrial properties. Janis applies innovative and practical solutions to meet business objectives and close deals, even when transactions involve multiple parties and shifting assumptions.
Janis is a frequent speaker before numerous professional organizations, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the University of Miami School of Law Annual Real Estate Institute, and the American Bar Association.
- LL.M., University of Miami School of Law, 1983
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1983, cum laude, University of Miami Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor
- B.S., Simmons College, 1972, with high distinction
Bar Admissions : Florida; South Carolina
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The South Carolina Bar, Member
- Global Lex Mundi Real Estate Practice Group, Chair Emeritus
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- CREW Miami Board of Directors, Director of Education, 2018
- Commercial Industrial Association of South Florida (CIASF) Member
- University of Miami, LL.M. Program in Real Estate, Intern Supervisor
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. Program in Real Estate, Past Adjunct Faculty Member
- Clemson University, Clemson, S.C., Past Faculty Member teaching Real Estate Law, Business Ethics, Construction Law and Legal Environment of Business
Rate : $$$$