Janora L. Hawkins is a Partner in the firm’s Atlanta office, and has a wide and extensive array of experience in corporate and family-based immigration. Focusing on compliance and maximizing efficiency.
She provides strategic legal counsel to clients across all industries and cross-sectors in connection with corporate immigration to include corporate restructuring, I-9 compliance, lawful permanent residence, naturalization, nonimmigrant visas, and consular processes.
Janora initially joined Fragomen as a Summer Associate with the firm’s New York office and after graduating law school, joined as an Associate. Janora provided pro bono assistance to unaccompanied minors and their families at the detention center in Dilley, Texas.
- Brooklyn Law School | J.D., 2008, cum laude
- University of Southern Mississippi | B.A., 2002, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Committee Member, Distance Learning Committee, AILA National
- Co-Chair and Member, Conference Planning Committee, AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter
- Board Member, Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network (GAIN)
- Former Vice Chair, CBP AILA Liaison Committee, AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter
- Former Treasurer, AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter (2017-18)
Obtained approvals for nonimmigrant visas (including L-1, H-1B, TN, O-1, E-1/E-2, E-3, B-1, and J-1 visa petitions), permanent residence, including labor certifications (PERM), and multinational manager, extraordinary ability and outstanding researcher immigrant petitions.
Provided advice on consular processing and adjustment of status applications, naturalization, I-9 and LCA compliances, and the immigration aspects of corporate restructuring. Guided clients through all aspects of family-based permanent residence applications.
Rate : $$$$