Jared Smith provides straightforward and effective advice to business entities and individuals in transactional, corporate and information technology matters. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Jared served as in-house counsel for IBM where he gained extensive experience in reviewing and negotiating software, technology, financing and services contracts, as well as drafting and evaluating contract terms, work orders and statements of work.
Since joining the firm, Jared has expanded his practice and developed expertise in mergers and acquisitions, brewing regulations, joint ventures, corporate finance and securities, corporate governance and compliance matters. Jared regularly counsels clients regarding:
- Information technology issues, including cloud-based systems, software as a service, IT outsourcing, web hosting, data privacy and data security, enterprise resource planning, electronic medical records and e-billing software, social media metrics and digital marketing
- Entity governance documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements and buy-sell agreements
- Design, manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships
- Alternating proprietorship and contract brewing relationships
- Business and corporate planning issues, including business formation, corporate governance and dissolution strategy for all entity types
- Intellectual property related business transactions, including non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, inbound and outbound intellectual property licenses, joint development issues and infringement claims
- Private offering issues, including fund formation, offering memorandums, required SEC filings and compliance with blue sky laws
- Tufts University, B.A.
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D.
Rate : $$$