Jared A. Brandyberry is a patent attorney who focuses on intellectual property litigation. Jared’s practice allows clients to respond effectively and efficiently to complex legal challenges regarding their products and services.
- Through more than 15 patent infringement cases and multiple other commercial litigation matters, his responsibilities have included drafting documents at all stages of litigation, coordinating the collection and review of electronically stored information (ESI) during discovery, taking the depositions of key witnesses, and preparing arguments for alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Represented patent owners and accused infringers in matters involving technology related to DVD and Blu-ray devices, lasers, mobile phones, cellular networks, variable data printing, data analytics, food packaging, computer forensics, call recording software, online shopping and video games.
- Served on legal teams for patent infringement trials in the Southern District of Ohio, the Eastern District of Texas and the International Trade Commission. Prepared expert and lay witnesses for examination, assisted in direct and cross-examination of witnesses, and argued evidentiary motions. All trials resulted in favorable outcomes for clients.
- Drafts patent applications and prosecutes patents before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in mechanical, electrical and business method practice areas for multiple Fortune 500 companies in construction, mining, oil and gas exploration, and data analytics industries.
- Represented a patent owner against alleged infringers related to laser technologies. Newport Corporation v. Lighthouse Photonics Inc., CD California Case No. 8:12-cv-00719.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- University of Cincinnati: Charles McMicken Society
- University of Cincinnati: Athletics Team Support (UCATS)
- Sigma Chi House Corporation
- Sigma Sigma Men’s Honorary at the University of Cincinnati
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, Honors in Biochemistry
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 67,653
Rate : $$$