Jared L. Byrd has litigated an array of matters throughout the State of Texas. Mr. Byrd has tried multiple jury trials to verdict, including solo trial experience in several lawsuits, and has participated in almost all aspects of litigation from client consultation through post-trial motion practice and appeal.
Prior to joining Gordon & Rees, Mr. Byrd worked for multiple regional and national firms in Houston, Texas, where he gained experience in complex product defect litigation, first-party insurance defense, and commercial lawsuits representing plaintiffs and defendants.
He also has extensive experience in matters regarding premises liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, property damage, subrogation and homeowners/automotive insurance defense.
Before attending law school, Mr. Byrd spent several years at a leading recruitment advertising firm in Atlanta, Georgia.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law – Houston, 2011
- B.A., Clemson University, with honors, 2005
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Entertainment and Sports Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Adjunct Professor of Advocacy: South Texas College of Law
- Successfully resolved Director & Officer liability case involving allegations of negligent misrepresentations and statutory fraud related to a stock purchase agreement
- Successfully resolved Director & Officer case regarding allegations of breach of fiduciary duty
- Successfully resolved corporate commercial litigation involving allegations of breach of contract related to medical billing and revenue management
- Successfully litigated multiple personal injury matters on behalf of national and regional corporations
- Successfully litigated multiple premises and construction defect matters for local and regional corporate entities
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts for both individuals and corporations regarding personal injury and premises defect matters.
Rate : $$$