Jared K. LeBeau is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Mr. LeBeau’s practice focuses on insurance litigation, in particular first-party and third-party insurance bad faith, coverage disputes, class actions, insurance fraud, and unfair business practices.
Mr. LeBeau has represented insurance companies at all stages of litigation, including depositions, case-dispositive hearings, mediations, and trial. Mr. LeBeau also has advised clients on issues related to general claims handling and investigation, policy interpretation, as well as defense and indemnity obligations.
Mr. LeBeau has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of insurance coverage and bad faith cases at all stages of litigation, including the pleading stage, dispositive motions, and trial.
- Assisted in obtaining arbitration award of over $18 million in favor of insurer client against third party claims administrator in dispute over bad faith liability exposure for over $20 million underlying personal injury judgment. (2017)
- Successfully argued a motion for summary judgment establishing non-coverage of a $3 million commercial general liability policy for an underlying $21 million construction defect judgment against the insured. (2016)
- Conducted direct examination of client and closing argument before Immigration Court in successfully seeking grant of asylum based on client’s persecution in her home country. (2016)
- Examined percipient and expert witnesses and argued motions in limine in a 4-week trial of an uninsured motorist bad faith claim. (2015)
- Prepared and examined percipient witnesses in an unlawful detainer trial that resulted in judgment in favor of the client. (2014)
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court – Louis M. Welsh Inn
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2013; magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Concentration in Civil Litigation; Articles Research Editor of San Diego Law Review; Dean’s Honor and Academic Achievement Scholarships; CALI Award for Excellence-California Civil Procedure, Civil Procedure II, Criminal Procedure, and Professional Responsibility
- B.S., Marist College, 2009; summa cum laude; Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$