Jared W. Speier is an associate in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Century City office. Mr. Speier’s practice includes a variety of single-plaintiff and class action litigation, and involves defending employers in lawsuits alleging wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, as well as wage and hour violations.
Mr. Speier has represented financial services firms in employment disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and has provided counseling on employment policies.
Before joining Seyfarth Shaw, Mr. Speier’s practice included a broad range of civil litigation in the securities, mortgage banking, maritime, and construction industries. He has participated in mediations and negotiated numerous settlements.
While in Law School, Mr. Speier served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Peter Carroll in the Central District Bankruptcy Court. He was also a member of the Pepperdine Moot Court team and served as the Business and Production Editor of the Pepperdine Law Review.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, magna cum laude (2016)
- Business and Production Editor, Pepperdine Law Review
- Teaching Fellow, Pepperdine Academic Success Program
- Magister and Community Outreach Chair, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles (2013)
- Men’s Varsity Rowing
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$