Jaremi Chilton handles matters relating to a wide variety of cross-border transactions concerning foreign investment into the United States and U.S. investment abroad. Jaremi performs complex transactions to maximize tax efficiency, limit liability, transfer personnel and maintain compliance with U.S. and foreign laws.
He is particularly skilled in performing analysis and recommending approaches to complex multi-jurisdictional issues and he frequently consults and works with attorneys both within and outside the United States with regard to international tax and immigration matters.
His experience encompasses 7874 inversions, FIRPTA, FATCA, OVDP disclosures, international debt restructurings, debt-to-equity analysis, U.S. residents establishing residency in Puerto Rico or expatriating to other jurisdictions and tax treaty analysis.
Professional Affiliations :
- Past Chair, Houston Bar Association, International Law Section
- Houston Bar Association Taxation Section
- American Bar Association (Taxation and International Law Sections)
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2002
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2001
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1998
Admissions : California; Texas
Rate : $$$