Jarrod J. Malone is Advocating for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom, Jarrod focuses his litigation practice on own occupation disability cases, representing financial advisors who transition from firm to firm, and assisting clients who have incurred a data breach. In all of these areas, he has significant experience, as well as successful results through arbitrations, mediations, and in federal and state court.
Physicians look to Jarrod for his experience aggressively litigating own occupation disability cases against the nation’s largest insurance companies. Jarrod is one of the few lawyers in the United States who have successfully brought Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) claims in Federal Court against insurers. He also has extensive knowledge about the claims practices of Unum and its subsidiaries Paul Revere and Provident.
On the broker dealer side of his practice, Jarrod regularly represents individuals and broker dealers in cases involving restrictive covenants, raiding, and the Protocol for Broker Recruiting in state and federal court as well as Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration. Jarrod has represented thousands of national and international financial advisors across the nation in:
- FINRA arbitration disputes
- Claims for wrongful termination
- Deferred compensation claims
- Promissory note disputes
- U-5 defamation
- Defense of garden leave (notice) provisions in employment agreements
Through his litigation experience, Jarrod has gained substantial knowledge in electronic discovery and has assisted numerous corporations in data breach incidents, which has resulted in his being tasked by the firm as one of the primary attorneys on the firm’s Data Breach team that assists in identification and containment of potential breaches, legal risk assessment, and strategic risk mitigation advice.
A strong relationship builder who cares about his clients and their situations, Jarrod assists his clients both before and after a data breach in formulating a breach response plan, including coordination of any required notifications to state agencies and law enforcement, affected individuals, and credit agencies.
Based upon his experience in the securities industry, Jarrod has been regularly consulted regarding employment and recruitment issues, and has been called upon to restructure a number of firms’ employment contracts, restrictive covenants, and promissory notes to reflect industry best practices.
- J.D., City University of New York School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of South Florida, 2000
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida, 2005
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2009
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2012
- Shumaker Attorneys Defeat Half Million Note
- 10.24.2018 AdvisorHub – Fired UBS Broker, a Hunting Show Host, Gets to Keep His Half-Million-Dollar Note Balance
- Shumaker Victory Recognized as One of Largest FINRA Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- 04.12.2018 InvestmentNews – Biggest Arb Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- Shumaker Attorneys Defeat Merrill Lynch’s Attempt to Keep Litigants Out of FINRA Arbitration
- 04.03.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill Retreats from Battle to Fight Former Executives in Court
- 02.08.2018 AdvisorHub – Former Merrill Exec Wins Skirmish Over Losses in His Stock Plan
Rate : $$$