Jasmine D. Coo is an associate and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is a member of the Construction and Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practices. Jasmine’s construction practice focuses on dispute resolution, contracting, real estate, and project development, where she advises a wide range of public and private clients, including contractors, developers, and owners, on complex litigation and claims resolution. Jasmine has handled construction disputes, including contractor disputes, license complaints with state licensure boards, lien disputes, and land sale disputes.
In addition, Jasmine is experienced in complex litigation involving corporations, venture capital and private equity firms, financial institutions, and their directors and officers. She has represented clients in corporate governance and shareholder litigation matters, including consumer class actions, stockholder derivative litigations, and internal corporate investigations.
Jasmine is also experienced in diverse commercial litigation, including contract and post-acquisition disputes, class action suits, and business torts. She has substantial trial and appellate experience.
Representative Experience :
- Represented national metal framing manufacturer and installer in obtaining dismissal of subcontractor licensing complaint with the Division of Professional Licensure
- Represented a highway and airport food service company in a lien dispute and in obtaining dismissal and dissolution of the lien
- Obtained preliminary injunction and default judgment for a pharmaceutical company in action asserting purported breach of contract and violations of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act
- Represented a premium spirits company in obtaining, after trial, favorable judgment in post-acquisition indemnity dispute: Acushnet Co. v. Beam Inc. f/k/a Fortune Brands Inc., No. 1284-CV-01193-BLS2, 2016 WL 4080438, 2016 Mass. Super. LEXIS 193 (Mass. Super. Ct. Jun. 21, 2016)
- Represented retail companies in consumer protection and privacy class action suits
- Represented a cyber security company in post-acquisition earnout dispute in all phases of litigation through trial
Jasmine graduated, cum laude, from Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2012) where she was the 2012 Sutherland Cup National Moot Court Competition Champion and the 2011 Alice Paul Feminist Jurisprudence Essay Winner. She also participated in Stone Moot Court Competition and Albers Honor Moot Court Competition. She graduated, cum laude, with a degree in English and minor in Spanish from University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts and Sciences (B.A., 2008).
Jasmine is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First and Ninth Circuits. Jasmine is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Rate : $$$$