Mrs. Jasmine Myers-Setareh is an attorney in the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Department in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. She advises multiemployer pension and welfare plans in all aspects of employee benefits matters, including plan design, benefits claims and procedures, third-party provider contracts, tax qualification, administration, and compliance with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, Health Care Reform, HIPAA, and other federal and state laws affecting retirement and health plans.
She assists clients in drafting plan documents and amendments, summary plan descriptions and participant communications, and also advises clients with respect to compliance with federal law such as HIPAA, COBRA, ARRA, and PPACA.
Mrs. Myers-Setareh was a staff member on the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review from 2012-2013, Senior Technical Editor from 2013-2014, and graduated from Loyola Law School in the top 5% of her class. She is also fluent in Farsi.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University, magna cum laude (2014)
- Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Order of the Coif, Dean’s Honor List, St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, Sayre MacNeil Scholar
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, History, summa cum laude (2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$