Jason E. Barsanti focuses his practice on complex litigation and labor and employment litigation, as well as labor and employment counseling. Jason has extensive experience defending clients in all types of litigation, with a particular emphasis on multi-plaintiff actions in state and federal courts across the country.
His representation of clients in the agricultural, food service, transportation, entertainment, education, health care, retail sales, oil and gas, and insurance industries includes the defense of class actions and collective actions, discrimination claims, workplace harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge claims, and actions predicated on breach of contracts.
In addition, Jason regularly counsels clients regarding compliance with state and federal laws and regulations including, in particular, the Fair Labor Standards Act and similar state and local wage and hour laws such as the California Labor Code, California Business and Professions Code section 17200, the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act, and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law.
Jason also assists his clients in developing and implementing policies and procedures and has helped his clients develop strategies, such as arbitration and class waiver programs, designed to avoid costly litigation. Prior to joining Cozen O’Connor, Jason was a partner with Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson, LLP in the firm’s Chicago and San Francisco offices.
Jason graduated from Northern Illinois University with a B.S. in political science and an emphasis in public administration. Jason then graduated magna cum laude from the Pepperdine School of Law where he served as the managing editor of the law review.
Following law school, Jason clerked for two Los Angeles Superior Court judges sitting on the Los Angeles County Complex Litigation Panel, where he worked on class and mass tort actions including consumer, securities, and wage and hour class actions. Jason is a member of the bar in both Illinois and California.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2004
- Northern Illinois University, B.S., 2001
BAR ADMISSIONS : California; Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Labor and Employment Section
- State Bar of California Labor and Employment Section
Rate : $$$