Jason A. Brady practices primarily in the corporate transactional area of the law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and equity and debt financing. Jason counsels clients in a variety of fields, with a concentration in the accounting, hospitality and emerging technologies industries.
Jason is a diverse and knowledgeable advocate for his clients. He has a practical business sense and learns his clients’ businesses to better serve their needs, becoming personally invested in their results so he can give quality advice and work toward the best outcome possible.
In addition to his transactional experience, Jason is a patent attorney registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which has provided him with invaluable experience in working with emerging technology businesses.
Jason is the national co-leader of the BakerHostetler Emerging Company team. In this role, he coordinates a team of attorneys whose primary goal is to counsel entrepreneurs as they face the difficult strategic decisions made at the outset of a venture, which can often determine its ultimate success.
- Represented a publicly traded professional services company in its acquisitions and dispositions of various service-oriented firms across the country, including accounting firms, insurance brokerage firms and medical record management companies. Responsible for all legal aspects of such transactions.
- Served as lead attorney in the sale of a large beer distribution business, which included four parcels of property. Coordinated the entire transaction with real estate and antitrust lawyers, including obtaining the consents of dozens of alcoholic beverage manufacturers. At the time of the transaction, the sale was the largest of all prior sales of MillerCoors distributorships.
- Helped negotiate and document the chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring of a regional timeshare developer. Concentrated on corporate matters, restructured receivable financing facilities and worked with four different lenders. The client was able to successfully reorganize and exit bankruptcy.
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1999, summa cum laude
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Florida State University, 1996, summa cum laude
Admissions : U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 51,493, Florida.
Rate : $$$$