Jason A. Cabrera focuses his practice on handling all aspects of labor and employment law for the firm’s public and private-sector clients. He has handled and assisted with the resolution of numerous single-plaintiff discrimination claims, both in litigation and at the administrative level. Jason has represented clients in connection with collective bargaining negotiations.
He has also handled whistleblower claims and workplace safety issues before OSHA. In addition, he recently assisted with a client’s defense in a FINRA arbitration proceeding, in class/collective action matters brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and in the resolution of unfair labor practice complaints and representation petitions under the National Labor Relations Act.
Jason also regularly provides employment advice to the firm’s clients to help them avoid employment litigation altogether. Jason earned his law degree, magna cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law, where he was also a Governor’s Executive Fellow at the Eagleton Institute.
While in law school, Jason was a teaching assistant for federal evidence and represented Rutgers Law in the American Association of Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition. Jason also served as Administrative Editor of the Rutgers Law Journal. Upon graduation from law school, Jason received the Student Advocacy Award from the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Jason earned his bachelor’s degree in political science and international affairs from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. During law school, Jason served as an intern for the Honorable Ann Marie Donio, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- The George Washington University, B.A., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$