Jason A. Collier is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in labor and employment law. Known for giving practical and prompt legal advice, employers turn to Jason for his more than 15 years of experience handling a broad range of employment disputes, including wage and hour litigation, discrimination and retaliation actions, restrictive covenant and trade secret claims, and other employment litigation.
A management-side labor and employment lawyer, Jason also assists clients in developing and preparing employment policies, employee handbooks, employment and independent contractor agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, and severance agreements, and Jason regularly conducts manager and employee training. He has authored numerous employment law articles and is a frequent lecturer on a variety of employment topics, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family & Medical Leave Act, Sexual Harassment, and others.
While at the University of Florida, Jason received multiple scholastic honors and participated in numerous leadership honoraries, including Florida Blue Key. While in law school, Jason served as associate and senior editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law. In the summer of 2001, Jason interned for the Honorable Judge Stanley S. Brotman of the United States District Court of New Jersey.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2003
- B.S.B.A., cum laude, University of Florida, 2000
Bar and Court Admissions:
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2015
- Summary judgment for employer defending against age and disability discrimination claims by former employee.
- Successfully represented employer in complex trade secrets action against former employee.
- Obtained dismissal of retaliation, disability discrimination, FMLA, and FLSA claims brought by former employee.
- Resolution and favorable outcome for client in complex breach of contract action.
- Successful representation in non-compete lawsuit seeking injunction and damages.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Temple Sinai, Vice President of Education
Rate : $$$$