Jason W. Cook focuses on all aspects of intellectual property litigation with a concentration on patent litigation. He has been involved in patent cases in federal district and appellate courts throughout the country as well as with the International Trade Commission.
Jason has particular experience litigating patent cases in the United States District Courts for the District of Delaware and the Eastern District of Texas − he has personally litigated more than 90 patent infringement cases in the Eastern District of Texas alone.
Jason is also a Registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and has significant experience filing and prosecuting Inter Partes Review (IPR) and Covered Business Method (CBM) actions with the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
With a degree in mechanical engineering in addition to his law degree, Jason is a licensed patent attorney and has handled cases involving a range of technical disciplines: wireless telecommunications, e-commerce, data encryption, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols, semiconductor operation and design, medical devices, liquid crystal displays, blade servers, chemical vapor deposition, internet-based business methods and others.
His clients have included some of the world’s largest wireless communications companies, energy companies, computer manufacturers, banks, and semiconductor companies. Jason tailors his representation of his clients based upon the client goal, the amount in dispute, and the demands of each case.
He understands that each case is different and works closely with his clients to provide excellent and complete representation while maintaining budget to avoid billing overages. Jason has been nationally recognized in his field by a number of publications, such as Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly, Managing IP Magazine, D Magazine, and Best Lawyers in America.
- Defense of one of the nation’s largest loan companies; obtained a case dispositive finding of patent invalidity in the District of Delaware (affirmed on appeal).
- Defense of one of the world’s largest computer manufacturers; obtained a dismissal of a patent infringement action relating to Wi-Fi technology with no payment from the client in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Defense of large wireless communication equipment company; obtained case dispositive summary judgment ruling in patent case relating to video encoding technologies in the Southern District of New York.
- Defense of large telecommunication company; obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a patent infringement action relating to modem technology with no payment from the client in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest energy companies; obtained summary judgment of non-infringement, resulting in a final judgment in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Coordinated worldwide patent licensing efforts on behalf of one of the world’s largest and most prominent semiconductor design and manufacturing companies.
- The University of Texas School of Law, JD, 2000
- The University of Texas at Austin, BS, 1997
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$