North Field Street 2300Dallas 75201 TX US
Jason M. Daniel focuses on securities trading and reporting advice, investment advisor compliance and registration, and securities advice in respect to M&A.
- Advised Sanchez Energy Corporation in a joint development agreement with Blackstone Group LP for a $2.3 billion acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets. The transaction more than doubled Sanchez’s position in the Eagle Ford Shale, made it one of the largest operators in the Western Eagle Ford region and significantly increased its stock price.
- Represented Diamondback Exploration Inc. in a $2.43 billion acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Delaware Basin, including 76,000 prime net acres in Pecos and Reeves counties. The transaction, which included complex indemnity provisions and leasing options, was negotiated and documented in only eight days and doubled Diamondback’s prime drilling inventory.
- Counseled Gulfport Energy Corporation in a $1.85 billion acquisition of assets in the Oklahoma SCOOP play from Vitruvian II Woodford, LLC.
- Negotiated and successfully disputed all asserted title defects in Newfield Exploration’s $588 million sale of its Granite Wash assets in Texas and Oklahoma, saving the client more than $27 million in purchase price adjustments.
- Served as primary drafter of the law allowing Marcellus Shale operators in Pennsylvania to drill horizontal allocation wells in the absence of pooling authority.
- Focuses on investment management issues.
- Represents alternative investment funds.
- Handles compliance issues and securities mergers and acquisition (M&A) due diligence.
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2001
- B.A., University of Missouri – Columbia,summa cum laude, 1997
Rate : $$$$