Jason D’Cruz advises corporations, boards, management teams, owners and C-level executives on executive compensation matters. He negotiates employment and separation agreements, equity-based and other incentive arrangements, retention and bonus programs, change-in-control agreements and restrictive covenants issues.
Jason provides executive employment and compensation advice in corporate transactions to public and private companies, owners, management teams and senior level executives. In these transactions, Jason also provides advice on earn outs, equity rollovers and other deferrals of compensation.
Jason also provides employment law analysis and guidance. He litigates disputes involving earn outs, equity, employment contracts, restrictive covenants and employment discrimination.
- Ellison v. St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System, Inc. – Summary judgment granted in favor of St. Joseph’s on employee’s retaliation claims. (2018). (Eleventh Circuit Appeal pending.)
- St. Joseph’s Vascular Group, LLC v. Christopher J. Busken, M.D. – Consent judgment in the amount of $495,000 for breach of employment contract. (2017).
- Shareholders of Selling Business v. Fortune 100 Purchaser – Obtained pre-litigation mediated settlement in the high seven figures (plus attorney’s fees) in sale of business earn-out dispute. (2017).
- Kosmoski v. Ingenico, Inc. – Summary judgment granted in favor of Ingenico on employee’s discrimination (sex) and retaliation claims. (2014).
- Gehringer v. St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System – Summary judgment granted in favor of St. Joseph’s/Candler on employee’s discrimination (sex) and retaliation claims. (2013).
- Lunsford v. Enertouch Inc. D/ B/ A GoodCents Solutions – Dismissal with prejudice obtained in disability discrimination, retaliation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims. (2010).
- Watts v. Hospitality Ventures, LLC – Summary judgment granted in favor of Hospitality Ventures in FMLA and pregnancy discrimination claim. (2008).
- Wynn v. Paragon Systems, Inc. – Summary judgment granted in favor of Paragon on employee’s sex discrimination, retaliation, and state negligence claims. (2004).
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1988
- B.A., St. Louis University, 1985, cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- American Employment Law Council
- Multi-State Employers Council
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association: Labor & Employment Section
- Emory University School of Law, Lamar Inn of Court: Master
- The IndUS Entrepreneurs, TiE-Atlanta: Charter Member (1998 to present)
- Atlanta CEO High Tech Council, Board of Advisors (2000 to 2007)
Rate : $$$$