Jason B. Feingertz maintains a general corporate tax practice, advising clients on state, federal and international tax matters. He represents clients in various industries in tax planning, audit defense, and tax litigation. Jason also advises clients on federal income tax issues in mergers and acquisitions, including tax-free reorganizations.
When focusing on state and local tax matters, Jason provides advice in the areas of multistate income, franchise and sales and use taxes, with emphasis in New York and New Jersey. In addition, he has assisted clients with unclaimed property audits, voluntary disclosure agreements, penalty abatements, and tax amnesty programs.
While working on personal income tax cases, Jason represents individuals with New York State and City Residency Tax Audits. Jason also maintains an active pro-bono practice assisting organizations with tax exempt filings.
Jason is a frequent speaker on state and local tax matters to both professional organizations and tax conferences. He has also written extensively on the tax considerations for Professional Athletes, including the Jock Tax and State Residency Audits.
While in law school, Jason interned with the Brooklyn Nets, Barclays Center, and a growing Sports Agency, which provided him the opportunity to work on issues from the perspective of a Professional Sports Franchise, Arena and individual Athletes.
Jason also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Harold Baer, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.
- LLM, New York University School of Law, 2017
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2013
- BS, University of Maryland, 2010
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Society of CPA’s (Multistate Committee)
- American Academy of Attorney – Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Certified Public Accountant in the State of New York
Rate : $$$