Jason S. Greis regularly represents a variety of dialysis and nephrology providers, vascular access center operators and owners, academic medical centers, physician group practices, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, long term acute care hospitals, laboratory companies, healthcare information technology companies and other healthcare providers in structuring mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, accountable care and capitated care arrangements, syndications, divestitures and private placements implicating various regulatory compliance issues commonly associated with such transactions.
Jason regularly provides guidance on physician self-referral prohibitions and anti-kickback issues, the corporate practice of medicine, post-acute regulatory issues, fee splitting, false claims act matters, provider licensing, changes of ownership and control, acquiring certificates of need, physician employment and recruitment, compliance with The Joint Commission and other accreditation standards, hospital and medical staff bylaws and other regulatory compliance issues.
Jason is the President-Elect of the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys and authors a newsletter and blog entitled, Greis Guide toLTACHs addressing issues of importance to long-term acute care hospitals. Jason has also served as the editor-in-chief of Health Care Law Monthly, a LexisNexis publication.
- DePaul University College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2005
- Emory University, BA, Phi Beta Kappa, 1998
Admissions : Illinois
- President-Elect; Board Member (2011-2014); Co-chair (2005-2014), Membership Committee, Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, 2014
- Board Member, Chicago End-of-Life Care Coalition, 2007-2011
- Board Member, Chicago Bar Association, 2007-2011
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association, 2005-present
Rate : $$$$