Jason Habinsky utilizes an approach guided by years of experience to help develop creative strategies aimed at resolving his clients’ potentially volatile employment law matters before they escalate. Jason recognizes that understanding his clients’ businesses is the key to helping them navigate the complexities of workplace issues in the most effective, yet efficient manner.
Should litigation become inevitable, Jason is well-prepared to proceed to trial and, if necessary, see matters through appeal having represented clients in employment law matters before nearly all levels of state and federal courts in New York and nationally.
Jason’s wealth of experience spans a broad range of employment-related issues, including claims of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliatory discharge, disability issues, wage and hour disputes, unfair competition, and theft of trade secrets.
Jason also provides employment-related counseling to clients regarding potentially perilous workplace issues, such as hiring and firing decisions, whistleblower and retaliation issues, disciplinary actions, employee complaints, reasonable accommodation and leave requests, and wage and hour laws.
Given the wealth of his experience, it should come as no surprise that Jason has become the go-to lawyer for numerous employers facing employment related issues and is often called on to comment on developments in employment law either in the press or through his many speaking engagements.
Giving back to the community also has always been an important focus of Jason’s employment law practice. In recognition of Jason’s commitment to delivering pro bono employment law counseling to nonprofits, Jason was awarded the Lawyers Alliance for New York’s Cornerstone Award for his outstanding dedication in 2012.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1996, with honors; Order of the Coif; Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- B.A., Political Science, Union College, 1993, with honors; cum laude
ADMISSIONS : New York; Connecticut
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Connecticut Superior Court
Rate : $$$