Jason J. Kim’s practice focuses on class action defense and other complex commercial litigation in the data breach, financial services and consumer contexts. Jason has represented clients at trial and on appeal in all manner of business disputes.
He has litigated multiple highly publicized data breach class actions, financial services class actions and consumer class actions for a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 companies.
Jason is admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and all Districts in California. He also serves as an editor of the firm’s Retail Industry Blog, to which he regularly contributes.
- Litigation counsel to web services provider in parallel federal and state class actions involving largest reported data breaches in history.
- Litigation counsel to major sports and fitness apparel manufacturer in class action involving widely reported data breach allegedly impacting 100 million-plus accounts.
- Litigation counsel to luxury hotel chain in class action involving data breach of online booking system.
- Litigation counsel to largest retail credit union in multiple class actions across the country relating to overdraft fees, alleged TILA and TCPA violations, and debt cancellation programs.
- Litigation counsel to one of the world’s largest appliance manufacturers in class actions ranging from allegedly defective ovens to allegedly defective washing machines.
- Litigation counsel to Fortune 500 home improvement retailer in multiple class actions across the country involving a broad range of matters—from privacy class actions to wage-and-hour class actions.
- Trial counsel to defendant real estate developer in $91 million lawsuit filed by NBA franchise owner. Trial ended in complete defense verdict.
- Trial counsel to plaintiff actor in royalty/earnings dispute. Obtained beneficial settlement for client after second day of trial.
- Trial counsel to defendant museum in action alleging discrimination claims. Trial ended in zero recovery for plaintiff.
- Trial counsel to defendant broker-dealer in action brought by former client. Secured a complete victory on all claims.
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 2002
- BS, New York University, 1996
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$