Jason E. Kolman joined Ropes & Gray in 2006 and is a partner in the corporate department. Jason focuses his practice on the structuring, formation and ongoing operation of private investment funds, including credit funds, buyout funds, distressed debt funds, real estate funds, funds of funds and hedge funds.
Jason also regularly advises institutional investors in negotiating primary and secondary investments in underlying private investment funds. In addition, Jason advises registered investment adviser clients on a range of Advisers Act matters, including the development and implementation of compliance policies.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jason was a corporate associate at a large New York law firm, where his practice involved private equity fund formation and transactional matters, as well as advising public and private companies on general corporate and securities law issues.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2002
- BA (Classics), magna cum laude, Harvard College, 1998; Phi Beta Kappa
- New York, 2004
- Massachusetts, 2002
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Provide ongoing private fund, operational and investment adviser regulatory advice to Pacific Investment Management Company LLC.
- Advise clients on the admission of high net worth individuals in private investment funds, including the negotiation of placement agent agreements, feeder fund agreements and agreements with registered investment adviser intermediaries.
- Negotiate investments in underlying funds by the global fund of funds platform for one of the world’s largest asset managers.
- Advise asset managers on the analysis and management of conflict of interest and material non-public information issues.
- Other representative clients include Hamilton Lane Advisers, LLC; CBRE Global Investors LLC; Kohlberg & Company; Siguler Guff & Company; Commonfund Group; and Willowridge Partners.
Rate : $$$