Jason Lucas focuses his practice in the areas of energy transactions and natural resources law. He regularly assists Fortune 500 energy developers in major U.S. shale plays to meet drilling schedules and trade assets. His experience includes major energy transactions, large-scale due diligence projects, mineral title opinions, defect and curative reports, purchase and sale agreements, and closings.
Mr. Lucas advocates for client interests through leadership positions in various regional and national oil and gas associations. He currently serves as the Second Vice President of the National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA).
Mr. Lucas is a sought after speaker, providing educational lectures across the country at industry organizations such as the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), the National Association of Lease Title Analysts (NALTA), and the National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA). He is the author of thought leadership materials designed to inform developers of changes in energy law and contributes to the Steptoe & Johnson “Summary of Selected Principals of Oil and Gas Law.”
Mr. Lucas recently served as a member of the Steptoe & Johnson “Rethink Tank,” a committee tasked with envisioning the future of the firm.
- Led teams responsible for large due diligence projects, undertook curative work, and prepared transactional documents for multi-million dollar energy transactions
- Organized educational seminars for a national energy business and trade organization at which more than 500 industry employees were trained
- Undertook coal, oil, and gas title examinations and drafted the corresponding title opinions to assist a wide variety of clients in acquiring desired property rights
- Performed management and document review associated with major title and asset development projects of energy clients
- Led due diligence teams responsible for issuing mineral title opinions for both held by production and newly leased acreage totaling over 100,000 acres in Ohio and Pennsylvania
- J.D. The Ohio State University
- B.A. The Ohio State University
- American Bar Association
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- National Association of Division Order Analysts, Russell Schetroma Memorial Speaker’s Award, 2015
- Pittsburgh’s Who’s Who in Energy, 2015-2016, 2017-2018
- President, National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA)
- Board Committee Member, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- Institute Committee, NADOA 2012
Rate : $$$$