Jason Taylor Lueddeke focuses primarily on complex commercial and entertainment litigation, including matters arising from contractual disputes, business torts, fraud, and violations of consumer protection laws. He has experience at all stages of litigation, including drafting pleadings and case-dispositive motions, managing and conducting discovery, and trial work.
In both state and federal courts, Jason has represented a broad range of companies and high-profile individuals, including talent and athletes, major motion picture studios, entertainment and media companies, and senior executives of a Fortune 500 gaming and hospitality corporation. He also maintains an active pro bono practice, and recently represented students and teachers in a landmark class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act with respect to educational practices.
- Representing a top recording artist in highly publicized litigation concerning contractual disputes and defamation.
- Representing a world champion boxer in an action alleging breach of contract, fraud, and extortion in connection with an historic boxing match.
- Representing a major motion picture studio, director, and Academy Award-nominated actor in an action alleging misappropriation of likeness, unfair competition, and Lanham Act violations in connection with a soon to be released movie.
- Representing a leading talent management company in multiple litigations.
- Represented a global agricultural corporation in a multimillion dollar breach of contract action.
- Represented a major motion picture studio in an action alleging breach of contract and fraud.
- Represented a leading internet media company in class action lawsuits alleging violations of consumer privacy and automatic renewal statutes.
- Represented senior executives of a Fortune 500 gaming, hospitality, and entertainment corporation in a shareholder class action lawsuit alleging violations of securities laws.
- Represented a fine and rare wine collector in multiple civil actions alleging violations of RICO, violations of consumer protection laws, fraud, and conspiracy in state and federal courts in New York, California, and Florida.
- Represented a global investment banking and private equity firm as a subpoenaed third-party in multiple litigations.
- On a pro bono basis, represented students and teachers in a landmark class action lawsuit against Compton Unified School District alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act for failure to institute trauma-informed educational practices.
- On a pro bono basis, secured a dismissal with prejudice of an abusive Unruh Act lawsuit on behalf of a non-English speaking property owner.
- On a pro bono basis, obtained a default judgment and favorable settlement on behalf of a United States military veteran alleging home loan modification fraud.
- US District Court, Central District of California
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 2011: Managing Editor, UCLA Law Review; Managing Editor, UCLA Entertainment Law Review; Michael T. Masin Scholar
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2008, Comparative Literature: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Century City Bar Association
Rate : $$$