Jason Mueller is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Dallas Office. Mr. Mueller has tried numerous intellectual property cases to a verdict, including jury trials covering copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets. In doing so he has represented some of the world’s leading entertainment, energy, healthcare and building products companies.
Jason is dedicated to providing responsive and practical advice and counsel to his clients on intellectual property and advertising issues. Beyond the courtroom, Jason has represented clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, defending claims or investigations initiated by the Federal Trade Commission, The Texas Attorney General’s Office, the New York Attorney General’s Office, the Marin County and Stanislaus County (California) Attorneys General.
As lead trial counsel in recent jury cases, Jason has demonstrated leadership and poise in the courtroom resulting in favorable verdicts. Mr. Mueller’s courtroom perspective provides a practical background for his advisory and prosecution practice.
As an intellectual property specialist, he helps clients develop strategies for the protection of intellectual property rights including strategic counseling on trademark portfolio management, prosecution, and oppositions and cancellation actions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Jason has substantial experience handling all aspects of advertising and marketing law, including sweepstakes, contests, raffles and other promotions. He has performed regulatory compliance reviews and developed and instituted compliance programs to manage risk related to advertising, social media initiatives, and content management and acquisition.
His team reviews national print, radio and television advertising campaigns, and issues opinions relating to the adequacy of claim substantiation. The advertising review team has experience serving as primary, overflow or escalation counsel for the review of advertisements.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, cum laude
- B.S., Ouachita Baptist University, 1995
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Website technology patent owner – obtained complete jury verdict on issues of infringement and validity in Judge Gilstrap’s court (Eastern District of Texas)
- Public downstream energy company – lead trial counsel defending copyright infringement claims in Northern District of Texas
- Major Hedge Fund – lead trial counsel defending against claims of copyright infringement, and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) claim in Southern District of Texas
- Various entities related to The Walt Disney Company – defend various claims of copyright and trademark infringement in the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Several leading insurance providers – provide advice and counsel on the advertising and marketing claims for services and products related to P&C, Life, Health and related lines
- Major national clothing retailer – routinely provide regulatory compliance counsel on matters of federal and state laws governing advertising, pricing and promotions
- Energy services company – managed client review and purchase of IP asset portfolio that included patents and pending applications, software and underlying copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Qualtrust Credit Union
Rate : $$$$