A trial lawyer with more than two decades of experience, Jason S. Oletsky concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on private equity, M&A, bet-the-company, and shareholder litigation. Among Jason’s high-profile client base are some of the largest private equity firms both in and outside the state of Florida.
Jason serves as outside general counsel to a number of different funds, and provides contract, employment, trade secret, non-competition, and corporate governance advice, as well as judgment collection/asset protection counsel for his clients. He also represents a number of prominent professional athletes in business disputes.
Jason has lectured extensively on advanced judgment collection techniques in the state of Florida, has been published for proceedings supplementary in Florida and worked on the Florida Bar Committee to redraft the Florida Statute on proceedings supplementary.
Jason has also been recognized as one of South Florida’s leading litigators by other industry publications, including Chambers USA, the South Florida Legal Guide, Florida Trend, and the South Florida Business Journal.
Notable Work :
- Directors and Officers (D&O): Represents directors and officers in the defense of adversary proceedings and corporate litigation, alleging breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, and other corporate governance breaches.
- Indemnification Claims: Represents private equity funds and portfolio companies in the pursuit and defense of multiple indemnification claims based on allegations of fraud, and breaches of representations and warranties, including pursuing indemnification resulting in 100% recoveries under the purchase agreements.
- Private Equity Fund Litigation: Represents numerous private equity funds and their portfolio companies in purchase price and working capital adjustments.
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA):Represented a major airline in the defense of alleged Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) violations, concerning the failure to truncate credit card information on receipt.
- Class Action Defense: Represents national organizations and small businesses in class action defense, including allegations of Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Employment Litigation: Represent clients in the pursuit and defense of non-compete, trade secret, restrictive covenant, and employee handbook violations.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1994, cum laude
- B.A., University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 1991, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida; Maryland
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- The Florida Bar, Entertainment and Sports Law Division, Member
- Weston Warrior Lacrosse, Coach
- Jewish Federation of Broward County
Rate : $$$