Jason S. Oliver is a full-service intellectual property attorney who counsels clients on patent, trademark and copyright infringement matters. He plays an instrumental role in all aspects of the representation process, from drafting motions through participation in court appearances.
As a part of his representation of clients in intellectual property matters, Jason analyzes trademark clearance searches, prepares availability opinions and is involved with intellectual property due diligence during business acquisitions and related transactions.
He is innovative in his work, developing the best courses of action to grant his clients their desired intellectual property rights, whether through litigation or existing portfolio review and analysis.
- Represented an RFID tag manufacturer in defense of a patent litigation action brought by a competing company in the Northern District of Texas regarding asset and patient position location systems for use in hospital settings. Settled the complex case in a manner that was cost effective and beneficial to the client.
- Represented the plaintiff in a patent infringement action concerning age verification systems in the Eastern District of New York. Obtained a favorable Markman ruling on the claim terms in dispute and settled the matter shortly thereafter.
- Represented one of New Jersey’s largest Chevrolet dealerships in the District of New Jersey in a trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition, and trade secret misappropriation case. Obtained a speedy preliminary injunction in favor of the client through persuasive brief writing and oral argument.
- Serves as counsel to an American multinational manufacturing conglomerate in environmental litigation involving hexavalent chromium contamination in the District of New Jersey. The litigation involves issues related to consent decrees, attorneys’ fees, and expenses incurred in connection with remediation issues and monitoring of contaminated sites that the client was required to clean and maintain.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2003, cum laude
- B.S., University of Massachusetts, 1999 cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 46,968
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2005
Rate : $$$