Jason P. Wrona focuses his practice on real estate and municipal law matters. He assists a wide range of commercial and institutional clients with respect to property and building sales and acquisitions; industrial, office and residential developments; zoning and planning issues; leases; property tax issues; and loan transactions.
In regards to Jason’s real estate experience, he has been involved in the following transactions:
- Representation of a hotel developer and management company in the sale of a large portfolio of hotels to a REIT.
- Representation of a university in the acquisition and development of multiple parcels of real estate as part of campus expansion plans. Jason subsequently secured a tax-exempt status for these properties.
- Representation of a professional sports team in the acquisition and development of real estate as part of the team’s continued expansion surrounding its stadium.
- Representation of an international investment, development and fund management group in the sale of a major industrial park. Jason is also responsible for routine leasing issues encountered by this client.
- Representation of a special servicer with real estate transactions throughout the United States.
Jason has also developed a specialty in municipal law and provides representation to the Public Parking Authority of Pittsburgh on a variety of legal issues. Jason assists this client as follows:
- Representation in a variety of real estate matters, including sales and leases of property, zoning and permitting issues and construction contract disputes.
- Representation with respect to Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law and Sunshine Act.
- Representation in procurement challenges, competitive bidding issues and disputes and governance questions.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason was a litigator in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He is co-author of a blight reduction and redevelopment plan for local communities and also engaged in private real estate redevelopment. He is particularly interested in urban redevelopment, especially in the City of Pittsburgh. Jason is an avid fly fisherman and resides in the Northside of Pittsburgh.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Washington and Jefferson College, B.A., 2002, Economics
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Real Property Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
Rate : $$$$