Jason R. Parnell is an associate in the downtown Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Parnell represents public and private companies, institutional lenders, trustees, and investment funds in a wide variety of corporate and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, lending and financing arrangements, public and private offerings, land acquisitions and dispositions, asset securitizations, and over-the-counter derivatives.
He also has experience in general corporate governance, startup companies and venture capital, franchise law, corporate litigation, the Dodd-Frank Act, derivatives and collateral documentation, and the formation and dissolution of taxable and tax-exempt entities.
While in law school, Mr. Parnell was a mock trial competition semi-finalist for the University of Florida Trial Team where he presented cases and argued legal motions on a variety of civil and contractual disputes. He also worked as an editor for the Florida Journal of International Law where he wrote an analysis on U.S. national security and business interests in Southeast Asia.
For two summers, Mr. Parnell served as a judicial extern for three different courts where he performed research and drafted orders on a variety of federal and state issues, including commercial contract breach, piercing the corporate veil, Ponzi schemes, and corporate fraud.
During business school, he was a research assistant for a business law professor where he co-authored a law review article analyzing whether CEOs, franchisors, and franchisees can be held liable for making controversial political statements that harm their company’s brand name.
Prior to joining Seyfarth, Mr. Parnell performed litigation and due diligence support in bankruptcy, corporate restructuring, trade secret, trademark, copyright, tax, and SEC matters for a prominent California law firm.
- J.D., University of Florida, Levin College of Law (2012)
- National Mock Trial Competition Semi-Finalist and Co-Chair, University of Florida Trial Team (2009-2011)
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Virginia A. Phillips, United States District Court, Central District of California (2009)
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Charles Margines, Superior Court of California, Orange County (2010)
- Master of International Business, University of Florida, Hough Graduate School of Business (2012)
- Research Assistant for Professor Robert Emerson, Huber Hurst Professor of Business Law, University of Florida (2010-2012)
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara (2007)
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Barristers Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Business and Corporations Law Section
- The American Association for Justice
Rate : $$$$