Jason Prince represents and counsels exporters and multinational companies – including one of the world’s 10 largest international defense trade companies – on an array of complex international trade compliance matters.
Serving as Co-Chair of the firm’s nationally recognized Export Control & Trade Sanctions Practice Group and Co-Lead of the firm’s Commercial Aerospace & Defense Industry Group, he has helped aerospace and defense, energy, mining, technology, semiconductor, telecommunications, agribusiness and food, financial services, and other companies to navigate various complicated U.S. regulatory regimes applicable to international business.
Jason specializes in coordinating internal investigations, preparing voluntary disclosures to the U.S. Government, and conducting compliance program reviews involving the Arms Export Control Act (AECA)/International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Office of Foreign Assets Control’s (OFAC) trade sanctions regulations, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Additionally, he has expertise with helping companies to develop policies and procedures, due diligence protocols, and training programs aimed at minimizing AECA/ITAR, EAR, OFAC, and FCPA compliance risks, especially in relation to the use of third-party agents to conduct business abroad.
In the export controls arena, he has experience with obtaining export authorizations and conducting product classification and commodity jurisdiction analyses. Jason also serves as lead counsel for companies from various industries in business litigation involving the international sale of goods and services, including matters involving complex transnational discovery issues.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Jason served as a Deputy Press Secretary to Nobuteru Ishihara, a Japanese House of Representatives Member and Japan’s former Economy Minister, as well as a law clerk to Judge Susan H. Black of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- University of Notre Dame Law School , J.D.
- University of Cambridge, M.Phil.
- Davidson College, B.A.
- District of Columbia
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Invited Observer, 23rd Asian Export Control Seminar, Co-Hosted by the Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry and the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, February 2016, Tokyo, Japan
- Society for International Affairs, Member, 2016-present
- American Bar Association, Export Controls/Economic Sanctions Committee, Steering Group Member, August 2018-August 2019 (forthcoming), and Member, 2006-present
- American Bar Association, Anti-Corruption Committee, Member, 2006-present
- Idaho District Export Council, appointed by U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Member, 2008-present; Chair, 2009-2014
- TerraLex – The Worldwide Network of International Law Firms, Representative, 2014-present
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho, Local Civil Rules Committee, Member, 2010-present
Rate : $$$