Jason M. Richardson’s litigation experience includes representing a wide variety of clients at all phases of litigation, including serving as trial counsel in both bench and jury trials. He has successfully defended a variety of institutions against fraud, promissory estoppel, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, breach of contract, defamation and unfair business practices allegations, as well as a host of state and federal statutory claims. Jason presently serves as pro bono counsel for refugees seeking asylum.
Before joining Shook, Jason served as a judicial extern to U.S. District court Judge B. Lynn Winmill and as a litigation associate at Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP where he handled a variety of litigation matters, including contract, intellectual property, product liability and insurance disputes.
Jason also worked as a litigator specializing in financial services issues at the law firm of Severson & Werson, P.C.
Jason earned his law degree from the University of California Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), where he served on the Board of Directors for Boalt Hall’s Moot Court Executive Board and organized the Boalt Hall McBaine Honors Moot Court Competition.
Prior to law school, Jason served as a legislative correspondent for U.S. Congressman Michael M. Honda. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Carleton College, where he graduated magna cum laude, earned distinction on his senior thesis and played NCAA intercollegiate soccer for four years.
- Jason served as second-chair trial counsel in a week-long fraud, breach of contract, and unfair business practices action representing a nationwide financial services entity, which resulted in a unanimous defense verdict on behalf of his client.
- J.D., University of California Berkeley School of Law, 2007
- B.A., magna cum laude, Carleton College, 2002 (International Relations with concentration in Political Economy)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$