Jason C. Rose, co-chair of Venable’s Product Liability and Mass Torts Group, is an experienced litigator who focuses on the efficient resolution of pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, business torts, and commercial contract disputes.
Jason has represented a number of companies in different capacities, including coordinating counsel, expert witness development, briefing substantive and Daubert issues, company defense and witness development, fact and expert depositions, and trial support.
Jason offers clients unique insight based on time he spent working in the international legal group of a leading global heavy machinery manufacturer in Tokyo. In that capacity he counseled the company’s business and legal departments on a variety of risk management issues related to large-scale international industrial projects and disputes.
Before joining Venable, Jason also worked in a New York firm, where he represented a major air carrier in the 9/11 Commission investigation and related September 11 litigation arising out of the terrorist attacks in 2001.
- Serves as deputy co-national counsel in multidistrict litigation (MDL) and consolidated state court litigation involving proton pump inhibitor drugs
- Managed a team of Venable attorneys as national counsel in nationwide litigation involving an anti-epileptic drug
- Worked with a team of Venable attorneys as national counsel to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in nationwide litigation involving a drug for Parkinson’s disease
- Helped lead a team of attorneys in developing expert witnesses, conducting dispositive and expert-related briefings, and trying multiple cases, in nationwide litigation involving a diabetes drug
- Helped lead a team of lawyers in developing expert witnesses in an MDL and consolidated state court litigation involving a hypertension drug.
- Represented a large real estate investment trust (REIT) in shareholder litigation related to a merger
- Defended a telemarketing company in arbitration over a marketing services contract dispute
- Represented creditors of a bankrupt energy corporation in a lawsuit involving complex derivative transactions.
- J.D. cum laude University of Baltimore School of Law 1998
- B.A. Villanova University 1993
Bar Admissions : Maryland, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel; chair of Drug, Device, and Biotechnology Committee
- Represented multiple community associations against an out-of-state owner of hundreds of vacant houses in Baltimore City over nuisance conditions and violations of a Baltimore City statute, and the economic impact of the vacant houses on property values in the affected communities
- Board member, Community Law Center, Inc, 2008 – 2018 – a legal services organization that seeks to revitalize and strengthen neighborhoods by providing legal services to communities and nonprofits that lack the financial resources to pay for representation.
- Member, Leadership Advisory Council of the Cristo Rey Jesuit School in Baltimore, 2014 – 2017.
Rate : $$$$