Jason P. Rubin assists clients in corporate restructurings and creditors’ rights. He represents debtors, secured and unsecured lender groups, and official committees of unsecured creditors in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. Jason also works frequently with private equity investors pursuing strategies in distressed assets.
Jason is solution-focused and extremely responsive to his clients’ concerns and business imperatives. He is skilled in negotiating and finding creative solutions in highly charged business decisions involving corporate reorganizations.
Jason handles restructurings in industries including:
- Energy, in particular, oil and gas
- Significant experience in restructurings in the oil and gas sectors.
- Advises on distressed debt investment and restructuring of distressed companies.
- Assisted QCE Finance LLC (Quizno’s) and its affiliates and Inner City Media Corporation and its affiliates as Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession.
- Advising the purchasers of assets of Aerosoles International, Inc., and Brookstone Holdings Corp.
- Representing noteholders of EV Energy Partners, LP; CHC Helicopter; Constellation Enterprises LLC; and Optima Specialty Steel.
- Advising Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors for Nine West Holdings, Inc.; Edison Mission Energy; Dynegy Holdings, LLC; and Chassix Holdings, Inc.
- Counseling the secured lenders of Endeavour Energy UK Limited; Templar Energy LLC; True Religion Apparel, Inc.; Total Safety International; LodgeNet Interaction Corporation; and Lightsquared, Inc.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, cum laude, 2004
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude, 2001
- New York
Rate : $$$$