Jason S. Sharp represents clients in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, health services, shipping, and technology in financial restructuring matters. Jason has represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, official and ad hoc committees, and other parties in major chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Prior to studying law, Jason served as NASA’s Deputy Press Secretary. In that role, he was one of the agency’s chief spokespersons and was the primary liaison with the White House Press Office and other executive branch agency media offices.
Jason also served in Baghdad, Iraq as a personnel officer and the special assistant to the chief of strategic communications for the Coalition Provisional Authority.
For his service in Iraq, Jason was awarded the Department of Defense Joint Civilian Service Achievement Award. Prior to working in Iraq, Jason served as a deputy associate director in the Office of Presidential Personnel at The White House.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- In re Juniper GTL LLC – Represented debtor developer of natural gas-to-liquids facility in connection with its chapter 11 proceeding and sale, which resulted in approximately 90 percent of all claims being satisfied. The sale was selected as Energy Deal of the Year ($10 million to $99.9 million) for the 11th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards.
- Represented interests of major multinational oil and gas corporation as unsecured creditor in multiple chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- In re Tristream East Texas LLC – Represented secured lender in chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- B.B.A., Texas Tech University
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Reed O’Connor, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers, Justice for the Court of Appeals for the Fifth District of Texas
Rate : $$$