Jason A. Strain is a commercial lending and real estate attorney, helping his clients lend and borrow money, and guiding them through the acquisition, development, leasing, financing, and disposition of commercial real estate.
Mr. Strain also counsels clients regarding site selection and the negotiation of state and local tax incentives in connection with various real estate transactions. In addition, Mr. Strain advises his clients on general commercial contract matters such as purchase and sale agreements for raw materials and completed products, non-disclosure agreements and other vendor agreements. He works out of the Memphis office.
During law school, Mr. Strain served as an executive editor of the journal Law and Policy in International Business and also worked as a research assistant to a professor of English Legal History at Georgetown University.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2003, cum laude
- Mississippi State University, B.A., 2000, summa cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2003
Representative Matters :
- Commercial Lending
- Represented a national bank on approximately $475 million in commercial loans and loan modifications in 2015.
- Represented a regional telecommunications and cable television provider in a $71 million secured credit facility.
- Represented a regional telecommunications provider in a $33.5 million secured credit facility.
- Represented a publicly-traded REIT in connection with construction mortgages and refinances of existing commercial loans to self-storage facility operators around the country.
- Real Estate
- Counsel to publicly-traded company in connection with its approximately 300,000 square foot corporate headquarters lease.
- Represented a group of affiliated air ambulance companies in ground leasing sites for new bases around the country.
- Represented a privately-owned real estate development company in various ground lease and build-to-suit lease transactions with its national retail tenant clients.
- Represented multiple national loan servicing companies in real estate loan workout transactions and dispositions of REO properties, including shopping centers, office buildings and multifamily apartment complexes.
Professional Honors & Activities : Member – American, Tennessee and Memphis Bar Associations
Rate : $$$