Jason Strong focuses his practice in general litigation (primarily premises liability) and transportation. He has tried numerous complex lawsuits to final judgments and obtained take-nothing defense verdicts in high exposure cases involving wrongful death and serious personal injury.
Jason was lead trial counsel for the defendants in Utz v. Running & Rolling Trucking, Inc., 45 So. 3d 450 (Miss. 2010) and successfully defended the jury’s verdict on appeal before the Mississippi Supreme Court, which resolved several important questions regarding the effect and admissibility of violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Jason has particular experience in issues involving federal diversity jurisdiction, including framing and presenting arguments based on fraudulent and improper joinder and challenges to expert testimony under Daubert and Rule 702 of the Federal Rules of Evidence.
- B.A., University of Mississippi, 1996
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, cum laude, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- Capital Area Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$