Mr. Jason A. Weiss is a partner in the Labor & Employment Practice Group in the firm’s Orange County office. Jason specializes in representing employers, from multinational corporations to start-ups, on a wide variety of employment and labor relations matters, ranging from wrongful termination and unfair competition lawsuits to preventive counseling and advice.
Jason’s employment litigation experience includes handling cases at the trial and appellate levels of both state and federal courts and in arbitration. He also represents management in:
- wage/hour matters before the U.S. Department of Labor and the California Labor Commissioner
- discrimination claims filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act whistleblower claims
- unemployment insurance claims, and
- Section 132a discrimination petitions filed with the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board
Jason’s preventive counseling practice includes the drafting and implementation of employee handbooks, workplace policies and employment contracts. He has also guided employers through reduction-in-force programs, including compliance with state and federal laws such as the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (“WARN”). Jason regularly conducts in-house training seminars and workshops for clients, and provides day-to-day counseling and advice.
Jason’s practice extends to the business law arena, where he has experience and expertise in a range of business issues including contract disputes, trade secrets, interference claims, unfair competition, and intellectual property disputes.
Rate : $$$