Jason W. Whitney is a counsel in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group in the San Antonio office of Haynes and Boone. He is an experienced litigator and registered patent attorney, counseling clients from small to large in obtaining, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights.
He has argued patent disputes before the International Trade Commission, defended clients in trademark and copyright lawsuits in various federal courts, and prosecuted patents and trademarks before the Patent and Trademark Office. Jason advocates for his clients in complex intellectual property matters and develops innovative solutions for difficult business problems.
Jason has assisted clients in patent infringement and inventorship lawsuits, Lanham Act trademark cases, and copyright suits. He also represents clients in intellectual property administrative proceedings, including trademark cancellations, trademark oppositions, patent reexaminations, and domain name disputes.
Before entering law school, Jason supported the Avionic Systems Division at NASA Johnson Space Center as an electrical engineer, where his work primarily involved the communications systems of the Space Shuttles and International Space Station.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2008, summa cum laude, Symposium Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal, 2007-2008; Student Attorney, Civil Justice Clinic, St. Mary’s Center for Legal and Social Justice 2007-2008
- M.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Rice University
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Rice University
- B.A., Economics, Rice University
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Edward C. Prado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2007) and the Honorable Sandee Bryan Marion, Fourth Court of Appeals (2006)
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2012
Rate : $$$