Mr. Javier D. Diaz, former Assistant Counsel to the Office of the Governor, State of New Jersey, was responsible for negotiating with legislators, lobbyists, and State departments, as well as advising the Governor on all aspects of complex legislation.
Mr. Diaz focused on economic development and Treasury matters, with a particular focus on tax incentives and business development, including developing various pieces of legislation, in cooperation with the Economic Development Authority, for projects funded through the Grow New Jersey Program, Economic Redevelopment & Growth Program, and other public infrastructure financing.
In this role, he led the consolidation of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and New Jersey Meadowlands Commission and did extensive work on the expansion of public-private partnerships throughout the State for education, transportation, and State and local infrastructure projects.
Mr. Diaz also oversaw Military and Veterans’ Affairs for the Office of the Governor. He was the principal architect of the Governor’s initiative to save the Vets4Warriors program and worked with the Department of Health to develop a $5.5 million grant program to address veterans health issues.
Previously, Mr. Diaz served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Anne Patterson, Supreme Court of New Jersey. From 2000 to 2006, Mr. Diaz was a member of the United States Marine Corps’ 3rd Battalion, 8th Marines, Marine Corps Recruit Depot-West, and 4th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (Anti-Terrorism).
While in command as a Rifle Platoon Commander, Combined Anti-Armor Platoon Commander, and Series Commander, he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary and Service Medals, and the National Defense Service Medal, and his unit received the Department of State Superior Honor Award during a deployment to Afghanistan shortly after 9/11.
Mr. Diaz currently serves as Vice-Chair on the Board of Legacy College Prep Charter School and was a founding member of the Board. He also volunteers for Team Rubicon, a disaster recovery organization, and is a Wounded Warrior Project alumnus.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- ABA/ALI Outstanding Scholar/Leader
- Recipient, Center for Social Justice Award for Overall Outstanding Contribution, New Jersey
- Recipient, Best Oralist Award, Wechsler National First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- Executive Board, Student Bar Association
- Member, Sports Law Society
- University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler School of Business (M.B.A.)
- Dean’s Fellowship
- Leadership Initiative Honoree
- University of Michigan (B.A.)
- Recipient, University of Michigan Outstanding Midshipman Award
- ROTC Battalion Executive Officer
- President, Semper Fidelis Society
- Member, Scabbard and Blade Military Honor Society
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Anne Patterson, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Morristown, NJ, 2012-2013
Rate : $$$